Since I can remember I have loved to write. Often in the morning as a little girl I would wake up with a story dying to be written. As I grew up, got married and had a child I learned I had other interests. I love to create and learn, wither it be a new skill, taking photographs with my camera, making something with my hands or cooking a something yummy to eat; learning and creating fuels me throughout the day. So with my love of writing and all these interest I developed over the years I decided to start a blog.
I chose the title because I feel I am always trying something new, something that worked for me in the past or just trying to make it through the day! That being said, here are 10 things about me, and how crazy I can be!
- I am the oldest child, which means I like control. I have a hard time with junk I can’t control. Over the years I feel like I have gotten better and I will share the tips I have learned with you.
- I was pretty young when I had my first and only child. I have learned a lot since then and can’t wait to help other parents with things I wish I knew!
- I have been married for 14 years to a man that still makes my heart skip a beat.
- I grew up with parents who owned a restaurant, a haunted house business, and tried anything entrepreneurial. When I was 13 years old my dad taught me how to write a business plan. When I was 18 years old my mom taught me how to write a press release. So I guess you could say being a business woman is in my blood.
- Speaking of businesses I own a vintage Etsy store called Vintage in the Beehive. I love vintage items and it was a dream from early on to be on “Antiques Road Show” as a appraiser. Since that dream hasn’t come true (yet) I am doing the next best thing by selling vintage items online. I will from time to time talk about things you may own that could be worth some money!
- When I was in college I taught art and tutored kids at an after school program. Than most recently I was a reading tutor at a title one school. I helped kids of all ages develop a love for reading and writing! I can’t wait to share my tips so you can help your kids too!
- I hate cleaning. I used to laugh because when my daughter was in elementary school and she would make all about my mom bios. It always said how I loved to clean. Oh how she was wrong. Over the years I have battled with a clean house. Although I am not perfect at it, it would feel wrong not to share what I have learned along the way.
- People love to over share with me. My sisters have this joke that it’s my face when people see it, they can’t help but share their problems with me. As a result I am often listening and hopefully giving some comfort.
- I have one brother. However I married a guy who is 1 of 7. So I feel like I really have 4 sisters and 3 brothers we are so close that there is no other way to describe it. I love them all so much. Since my family is so big, I have 15 nieces and nephew’s with one on the way. They come to visit me often so that, even though I have a 13 year old I am constantly coming up with activates for kids of all ages!
- I love to looking for a bargain! Wither it be for grocery shopping, Christmas shopping, even bargain shopping on amazon I have found some great deals over the years and have amazing tips that will save you money!
Bonus Fact: I love, love, love Christmas! I start watching Christmas movies in August, I love decorating my house, I love the feeling Christmas gives you! I love Christmas!
These 10 facts are just an the tip of the iceberg! I am really nervous to start a blog, I hope that what I share will help someone. I can’t wait to get to know you more through your comments. Please leave me a comment with an interesting fact about you, and something fun you just tried! I can’t wait to get to hear about all my amazing new friends!
This just leaves me with one question…What are you trying today?